Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lost

I am really starting to earn this title.

Yesterday after shul I went into the back yard to move some stuff under the deck so it wouldn't get wet. As it was already drizzling, I worked quickly, then ran inside.

This morning I was looking for my Tefillin. All things get put away Wednesday morning, so I looked first in the closet, then on the table, then a side table. No Tefillin. I thought maybe I left them is shul yesterday. So I went over to check, no Tefillin. I then went back home, checked all the chairs, back tot eh closet, all the while stomping around the house muttering.

I then remembered that I had gone to the backyard straight from shul yesterday, with dread, I went into the back yard. I saw my Tefillin where I had put them, on a ledge. I approached with great dread, as it had rained all day yesterday. expecting to pick up a soggy, very heavy bag.

However, the bag was light, and the contents were dry, protected by the deck and the plastic outside bag. I breathed a major sign of relief.

As the saying in Psalms goes, G-d protects the fools. Or Dummkopfs

2 comments:

  1. May every one of those many back and forth steps taken in search of your Tefillin be considered an independent zrizus mitzvah, and, may Hashem continue to watch over you in all future foolish acts as well.... amen.

    ReplyDelete